Intentions of the Holy Father for April

Ecology and Justice. That governments may foster the protection of creation and the just distribution of natural resources.
Hope for the Sick. That the Risen Lord may fill with hope the hearts of those who are being tested by pain and sickness.

I Still Get Choked Up

I found a booklet in .PDF format, put out by the Catholic News Service, containing accounts of priests who ministered at or near Ground Zero on or shortly after September 11, 2001.

My thoughts were jumbled, and still are, whenever I think about that day. "Father, give me courage to be like those rescue workers, in whatever time and place you ask." Though many ministers, rabbis, and so on responded, for some reason I cannot quite place, reading or hearing about those priests always makes me swell with pride in my Church.

I am not sure, as a nation, that we have yet properly mourned September 11.

No comments: