Intentions of the Holy Father for April

Ecology and Justice. That governments may foster the protection of creation and the just distribution of natural resources.
Hope for the Sick. That the Risen Lord may fill with hope the hearts of those who are being tested by pain and sickness.

A Thought on the Rosary

This is from my nightstand devotional text, Mary Day by Day. The entry for today reads:

Instruct me in the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your marvelous works.
- Psalm 119:27

REFLECTION: The Rosary calls for a quiet rhythm and a lingering pace, helping the individual to meditate on the Mysteries of the Lord's life as seen through the eyes of Mary. Thus, the unfathomable rices of these Mysteries are unfolded. - Pope Paul VI

PRAYER: O Mary, when I say the Rosary, I medidate on Christ's Mysteries in union with you. Help me to imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise.

No comments: